In addition to the Association's many active projects, the KIA is the owner and steward of important Village historic and recreational properties.
In 1932, Mary LeMoine Potter gave to the KIA more than 50 acres of land, specifying that the area should be made available for public use. Since then, the KIA has planted hundreds of trees and added numerous recreational facilities.
George Fayerweather II House
The Kingston Improvement Association has owned and cared for the George Fayerweather II House since its restoration in 1965. Fayerweather built this home and a blacksmith shop on the property in 1820. The son of a freed slave, Fayerweather and his descendants were skilled tradesmen, respected community members and abolitionist activists.